SUBTOPIC: GLORY KILLER SEXUAL IMPURITY
TEXTS: 1 Cor. 6:9-20.
Every sexual activity outside of marriage is sexual impurity. It is a sin before God no matter which beautiful or romantic name we call it. Before God it is simply fornication, adultery, and sexual perversion in the case of incest, lesbianism, bestiality and sodomy. God wants us to present our bodies to Him as a living sacrifice and His temple where he can abode forever.
1. What does the Bible say about Sexual Immorality? Mark 7:22 23; Eph. 5:3; Gal. 5:19a; Heb. 13:4; 1 Cor. 5:9-11; 1 Cor. 3:16-17.
2. According to the following scriptures why do Christians indulge in sexual immorality? Matthew 5:28; Romans 1:21,24-27. Mention some other reasons.
3. What is the way out of sexual immorality? Romans 6:12-14,16-18; 12:1-2; 13:14;1 cor. 6:13b; 1 Cor. 7:1-5; 1 Thess. 5:21-22.
4. Why do some Christians find it difficult to overcome sexual immorality? Discuss.
5. What power can we draw from to say no to sexual immorality? Psalm 119:11; Gen. 39:6b-18; Rom. 15:4.
When we have the understanding that our body is the temple of God and is therefore holy, sanctified and separated unto God then it would dawn on us that sexual immorality is a sin we must do away with it.
FOOD FOR THOUGHT
God will destroy those who destroy His temple.
For God did not call us to be impure, but to live a holy life. 1 Thess. 4:7.