Do you want me to tell you what is wrong with the Average Christian today? It’s Disobedience.
Do you want me to tell you what is wrong with the church today? It is filled with Disobedient people.
Do you want me to tell you why people are not happy in their faith, they’ re saved but they are enduring it rather than enjoying it. They are simply not being obedient.
The word “Obedient” comes from a Hebrew word “Shama” which means “to hear intelligently”. Please note the word hear. It is central to the meaning in order words.
- True Obedience is an attitude of the heart towards a higher Authority. As Christians, that higher authority is God Himself. The Lord said in John 14:15 “If ye love me, keep my commandments.” It also deals with the individual’s own attitude toward God.
- True obedience means to hear, trust, submit, and surrender to God and His word.
- Henry Ward Beecher, a Clergyman, Social Reformer and Speaker know for Support to Abolish Slavery Says “True Obedience is True Freedom
- Jean – Jacques Rousseau, a writer, philosopher and composer in Genera says True Obedience” is liberty to obey the law which one has laid down for oneself.
Dearly Beloved! Whose will are you doing? Some times certain things are permissible but not right, certain things we say are expedient but not right. The will of the father is doing the right thing at the right time according to God’s instruction. Of course, certain instruction are tough, even when Jesus
Christ was cut off from the father, He groaned but He said Father, let thy will be done.
Child of destiny! The true nature of true obedience is unquestionable conformity. True obedience to God is not as convenient but as commanded by scriptures. This is very vital, very important and very crucial.
REASONS TRUE OBEDIENCE IS IMPORTANT TO GOD.
1. Jesus calls us to obedience. John 14:15
2. Obedience is an act of worship. Rom 12:1
3. God rewards obedience. Lk 11:28
4. Obedience to God demonstrate our faith. 1 john 5:2-3
5. Obedience is better than sacrifice. 1 Sam 15:22-23
6. Disobedience leads to sin and death. Rom 5:19
7. Through obedience, we experience the blessings of Holy living. Ps 119:1-
WHAT IS OUR PART
1. Be filled with the Holy Spirit.
2. Walk in love.
3. Stay in God’s word.
4. Meditate on the things of God.
5. Give your tithes and offerings.
6. Learn to hear God speaking to you.
7. Become genuinely Born Again.
Your goal to a victorious Christian life is to live, think, Act and talk the way God wants you to. Everything God ask you to do is doable. But you won’t hear God direct you, if you are living a cluttered, critical and canal life. Satan’s worst nightmare is a victorious Christian life.
Are you here this morning, and you know you are saved by the blood of the lamb, there is no need to give any offering to God because He will not accept the offerings of any Sinner. It is an abomination before Him. Pro. 15:8.
Dearly Beloved! Your life must count for God first before other things can follow. Remember to obey is better than sacrifice. Receive Grace to obey in Jesus mighty Name. Shalom!!!
Revd. Joseph Enema
Have a blessed and fruitful week ahead,
Your Vicar, brother friend & Archdeacon
The Venerable Folorunso OreOluwa Agbelusi